How matcha love ya'll! Pun aside, Matcha was a real revelation for me, when I tried it some time ago. I have to say, it's definitely an acquired taste; but with a ton of anti-oxidants in every cup and the sublime relaxing after-effects, I say it's worth giving a shot. A lot of people don't know what Matcha is and in a nutshell, it's powdered roasted green-tea. I did this recipe to show you all how easy it is really to make a lovely cup for yourself.
|Drink up the Zen!|
- 2 Tea Spoons of fine quality Matcha Tea
- Hot water
- A Matcha Chasen (whisk); preferably made of Bamboo
|Be patient and work up a good froth; for that's what Matcha is all about.|
- Take a deep ceramic bowl, and clean / dry it up.
- Add 2 tea spoons of Matcha to a fine strainer / seive and sift it into the cup.
- Add 100ml of hot water and mix well with the chasen. Then gently but consistently begin to whisk the tea in a W-like motion till the tea is smooth and frothy. See the video below to understand better.
- Serve warm, as is. Or add some honey and frothed milk for a delicious Matcha latte.
Tip: Try Matcha with coconut milk, it's realllyyyy awesome!