|Peserette Dosai - The 2nd best thing to Dosai, after Rice dosai!|
Ingredients (Makes about 10 Dosai):
- 250-300 Grams Split Moong Dal (with the skin).
- 2 Cups of Spinach - Coarsely chopped.
- 5 Green Chillies.
- Salt to Taste.
- For the stuffing: Chopped Tomato, Chopped Onion, Chopped Chillies & Julienned Ginger.
- Oil or Ghee (preferably Ghee) for making the dosai.
|Like I said, Gorgeous, Green, Goodness - A healthy, anytime snack!|
- Soak the Moong Dal in a litre of water for 5 hours. We know that the Moong Dal is ready when it looks slightly puffy and is easily chewable raw.
- Drain the water off the moong dal and make a batter for Dosai by blending together the Moong Dal, Spinach, Green Chillies and Salt. Adjust the consistency to a semi-thick dosa-like batter by adding the drained moong water into the batter or while blending.
- The batter can be made upto 12 hours in advance. But fresh batter yeilds nice and hearty dosais. Also keep into consideration that this batter does not need to be fermented - it can directly go to your tawa.
- Make the dosai from the batter like regular dosai and add Ghee to get the right level of done-ness. If you like your dosai crispy - cook long.
- You know you're ready when the edges are starting to leave the tawa. You can always check the bottom of dosai for a rich golden-green colour to know that it's done.
- While the dosai can be had plain or sada - I like to stuff mine seconds before they're done with generous portions of chopped onions, tomatos, green-chillies and juliennes of ginger. Fold the stuffings into dosai and serve hot with a bowl of coconut chutney or a pickle of your choice!