|Finally a dish which gives full justice to the humble Potato! Crispy outside, Creamy inside - Y.U.M!!|
- 1 Large Potato - Preferably firm
- 1 Clove of Garlic - Sliced into slivers
- Few Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary - partly chopped and partly whole
- Olive Oil
- Grated Cheddar Cheese (any cheese will do, though)
- Salt & Black Pepper to Season
Optional:A little dollop of sour cream!
|Herby, Cheesy, Creamy and Crispy. This is how we rock and roll!|
- Wash the Potato thoroughly and dry it. Place between 2 chopsticks horizontally and begin making cuts at about 3-4mm distance. Make sure NOT to cut all the way down (thats why the chopsticks).
- Once done, dip the potato in ice cold water for 3-4 minutes. This should help to release a lot of starch and open up the potato. Run your hand across the potato 2-3 times to speed up this process. Once done, get the potato out and leave it on dry surface for a moment - this will get rid of most of the water.
- Insert a Garlic sliver between each slice as deep as possible, but be careful not to break the potato. Be gentle. Enjoy the process!
- Transfer the potato to a baking dish which has been lined with foil. Gently coat the potato from all sides with quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Ensure that there is a decent amount of oil brushed on top so that the slices get a good share of oil.
- Sprinkle Salt, Pepper and Minced Rosemary across. Add a few sprigs of Rosemary around the Potato so that it absorbs maximum flavour while it bakes. Top it up with cheese (not too much).
- We're ready to bake. Add the baking dish in a pre-heated 200 Degree oven for 25-30 minutes (or maybe a little more) until you have absolutely crisp edges on potato and gorgeous browning all over.
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and chives on top! Enjoy each bite of the perfect medley of potato, garlic & rosemary!