Come to think of it, this Syrup is extremely easy, uses only 3 ingredients and best of all - stays good for months! And the very fact that you made it gives you the confidence to serve it to even the most dearest ones with pride! It may not be as Red as store-bought but trust me, the taste and aroma is simply intoxicating. I've not added any colour or colouring agent into this recipe for a simple reason that I wanted it to be all-roses and natural.
|Isn't it adorable? Try it at home and you will never EVER use store-bought syrup!|
Ingredients (makes about 400ml syrup):
- 1/2 Cup or Approximately 50 Grams Organic, Dried Rose Petals.
- 4 Cups of Sugar.
- 4 Cups of Boiling Water.
- Yes, that's it!
|3 Ingredients and Patience. 1 gorgeous potion of Red Rose Syrup!|
- Please ensure you clean and if necessary, wash your Dried Red Rose Petals before making this syrup.
- Pour 3 cups of boiling water over dried roses and let sit overnight (wait until cool before putting in the fridge).
- The next day, Stain the rose water and squeeze out as much as the gorgeous Red liquid as you can. Discard the rose petals.
- In a pot, add this rose water and the 4 cups of sugar (you can adjust to taste). Bring it to a roaring boil and then let it simmer on medium heat for 10-12 minutes until it reaches a nice syrupy consistency. Do not over-boil.
- Let it the syrup cool down to room temperature. Transfer to a clean, air-tight container and store in refrigerator for use. Enjoy!