One of the most important aspects of a healthy toddler's daily routine is their oil massage and the shower following that. I highly recommend that you use the best quality seeds' cold-pressed, non perfumed natural oils for best results. Try Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Coconut Oil or Sesame Oil. Ayurveda suggests that one should change the oil used for massage with seasons for best results (Eg: Coconut oil is GREAT for Summers since it's cooling in nature & Sesame oil is wonderful for Winters since it's hot in nature).
What follows after a session of massage is a shower. As a practice, I always massage my little one with this beautiful, aromatic and skin-rejuvenating massage powder or Ubtan (which is a routine in India and highly recommended. Not only does it help to remove all the oil easily from a child's body after massage, it is extremely beneficial for their skin in so many ways. It's anti-inflammatory and promotes blood circulation while imparting wonderful luster and texture to their skin! Let's get mixing!
|Wonderfully Balanced Ubtan for your precious little one's delicate Skin.|
- 500 Grams Masoor Dal (Split Red Lentil) Flour. This flour is the base of my powder and it's excellent for skin. Not only it absorbs all the oil when rubbed on skin, it's got naturally occurring compounds which are purifying for skin.
- 3 Table Spoons of Amba Haldi (Wild Turmeric) Powder. Amba haldi is an aromatic stimulant, tonic and carminative. Widely used in skincare in India for its anti-bacterial properties. If not easily available, use regular Turmeric Powder.
- 3 Table Spoons of Kapoor Kachri (Camphor Compound) Powder. Camphor is aromatic stimulant which is beneficial for cleansing skin and is anti-bacterial.
- 3 Table Spoons of Chandan (Sandalwood) Powder. For the aroma and skin-glowing properties.
- 2 Table Spoons of Orange Peel Powder. Naturally scrubbing and anti-bacterial properties. Also known to be excellent for skin disorders.
- Optional Additions: Almond Powder, Blood Sandalwood (Rakht Chandan) Powder, Gram Flour (Besan).
|Easy to make and can be stored for up to 6 months!|
- Sift all ingredients through a seive and ensure there're no foreign objects or dirt.
- Mix everything carefully for 4-5 minutes ensuring a perfectly balanced mix.
- Pack and store in a small containers cool & dry place. Use in batches.
Note: Be prepared for flattery, for, They'll shower you with a million of those cute little giggles and smiles for your effort and their beautiful skin. Not to mention the compliments you'll get for being a super-mom!