- 250 grams fine wheat flour (maida)
- Dry yeast
- Olive Oil (5-6 table spoons for throughout the recipe)
- Toppings: Cherry Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Sliced Olives and Oregano.
- Salt to taste and Water to make dough.
- Make your dough by simply sifting flour and adding salt. Then add proofed yeast (put 2 tea-spoons of yeast in 1/2 cup of lukewarm water and add 1 tea-spoon of sugar and set aside for 10 mins till foamy); and water till you get a wet / bread-like dough.
- Knead well for 10 minutes and cover with some olive oil and let the dough proof in a damp place for 45-odd minutes or until double in size.
- Take a baking tray and rub with Olive oil. Sprinkle some semolina (rava) and then transfer the dough; gently spreading it across the tray.
- Drizzle some olive oil and gently massage dough with fingers, making small wells. This is what gives Focaccia it's unique texture and feel. Let the dough proof for 15-20 minutes until there's a gentle rise back again.
- Now is the time to go insane with toppings. In my case, I use Sliced Cherry Tomatoes, Garlic slices, Basil, Olives, Oregano and a touch of flaky sea-salt. Perfect.
- Bake in the over at 200 degrees Celsius for 18-20 minutes until your Focaccia is golden-brown on top. Remove from oven once done and immediately give it a generous brush or drizze of good old Olive oil!
- Slice it gently, and enjoy warm or even better, cold! Buon Appetit!