I love Grapefruit for it's versatile citrusy and mild-bitter flavour. What compliments it best is the subtle hints of Rosemary and together they sum up into an unbelievable potion. Let's get started!
Ingredients (for 2 portions):
- 1/2 Grapefruit - look out for something on ripe side
- 3-5 sprigs of fresh Rosemary (you can use dried if fresh is not available)
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- Sparkling Water - Definitely, Perrier. If not, then settle for Soda.
|Easy, Versatile and Stylish - A Drink To Make and Serve!|
- Start by making a Rosemary-infused simple syrup. Bring to boil 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar and add 2 sprigs of Rosemary and gently simmer it for 5-7 minutes. Turn the heat off, let the syrup cool down. Strain the syrup and discard the wilted Rosemary sprigs. Set it aside, and let it completely cool down. Do not refrigerate the syrup, ever.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a Grapefruit (we're looking at about 90ml per serving, so adjust appropriately). Set the juice aside.
- Add 90ml Grapefruit juice, 30ml of Rosemary-infused syrup over some ice to a handy-dandy shaker and shake it off for a good 15 seconds.
- For assembly, take a nice Glass (isn't that what makes everything come alive?!). Add ice and pour the drink carefully.
- Top off with a nice splash of Sparkling water and stir / garnish with a fresh beautiful sprig for Rosemary for a stylish end!
- Smile. Wink. Sip. Cheers!
Note: Measurements are not for bartenders. Go ahead and adjust to your taste.